Set among close to 900 acres of sweeping Hill Country views and vistas near the historic town of Boerne, Texas, Miralomas feels miles away from civilization while just minutes from big-city conveniences. The Master Planned Community is located along Highway 46, just minutes west of IH-10 West, approximately 5 minutes from downtown Boerne, and 25 miles from downtown San Antonio. It’s picturesque valley surrounded by rolling hills provides quiet seclusion away from the development and congestion east of IH-10.
Only 1,247 lots will make up the community of Miralomas, leaving a large percentage of the land in it’s native state, surrounded by miles of untouched earth and open space. Phase I of the development will bring approximately 190 lots online as well as the neighborhood clubhouse, pool and other lifestyle amenities.
The Miralomas Master Plan places great emphasis on the natural terrain and environmental characteristics of the land, multi-benefit outcomes that capitalize on hill country views, building on existing resources, and the adoption of environmentally sustainable infrastructure solutions.
The land plan was designed to preserve the most dynamic land at Miralomas. Great effort was placed in creating a plan that:
- Works with stormwater runoff to create valuable community amenities while controlling water as it moves through the site’s varied topography
- Retains all existing soils and rock forms for on site reuse
- Protects or relocates heritage trees on site, planting only native or highly adaptive trees, shrubs and groundcovers
- Provides an opportunity for the Native Plant Society of Texas to rescue unused plants
- Makes 10% of shrub beds dedicated to habitat creation for hummingbirds and other pollinator species
- Identifies a range of microclimates on the site that will cater to the range of weather this region of Texas experiences
- Provides shade features and tree canopy in 40% of outdoor gathering spaces to reduce temperatures
- Develops a system of Low Impact Development (LID) stormwater management systems through a series of water chambers, rain gardens and other elements to artfully build functional performance landscapes
- Includes innovative water conservation system using a reclaimed water re-use system for affordable lawn irrigation